Sunday, May 19, 2013

Coloring Your Family Forever



Looking at family photos is looking backwards in time. No matter our age now, we ask ourselves, "was I ever that young?" A common phrase we may utter is, "I was so silly," or "wow, look at my hair." No matter what we say, what we mean is "I have changed, but I am still me."


It is even more fun to look at photos of our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. When we view these photos, we see things about our parents that we never knew before. We learn who they were. Which teaches us how they became who they are now. If we want to be like our parents, we must not only observe the lessons they taught us. Also, we should understand the lessons they were taught, and the lessons they learned themselves.



We have been working on scanning some old family photos. We started scanning the photos while visiting our parents. However, we only got through one album before our vacation was over. So we borrowed a case of family slides to scan into our computer.

When we returned home, we decided that we needed a scanner, so that we wouldn't have to go to the library to scan the slides. After we decided a scanner was needed we made the executive decision that we also needed a new printer. From there it was only a short step to buy a multipurpose scanner/printer/copier. It was not until after we had purchased this super machine that I thought "sometimes we make silly decisions to buy unimportant items." This has not been one of those decisions.


Looking through these slides have been a great way to learn the other's family. We each have a unique family history. I had never thought that such would be the case. Looking at slides and hearing the stories of who is in the photo has been a great way to be connected. Now I can say "yes, I know that relative, I remember the photo."

This must be part of why family history is important, so that in the eternities we can say, "yes, I know that ancestor, I remember finding their name."


Also, I have noticed that quite a few of my posts are only half finished. That is too bad. I always had more to say. Therefore, I have decided to include this pastoral mountain scene

Word of the Day:
chroma
1.The purity of a color, or its freedom from white or gray.
2. Intensity of distinctive hue; saturation of a color.

No comments:

Post a Comment